A wee bit o’ housekeeping:
- I’m still responding to comments from last week’s post (so what if it was PMS?), so check back later today if you’re interested. (One reply you might find interesting is about why I still–nine years later–use aliases on the blog.)
- People who actually know how to use feed readers have told me, a person who does not, that I have more than twice as many people subscribed to my old, broken feed as I do to my new, working one. If you’re one of those people, unsubscribe to the old one and then hop onto the new at htpp://www.agirlandaboy.com/journal/feed.
- My Work It, Mom craft column is here. The focus is on quick and easy projects you can do when you’re frankly too busy to be crafting (HELLO), so even if you’re not a mom, you might find something fun. Today’s post is about super easy felt trees:
Last week’s post is about DIY snow globes, featuring the infamous animated gif:
- The much-anticipated Style Lush Gift Guide is up and running and, as usual, it has a lot of great ideas–100 of them, actually, and all for under $35. In the past, I’ve gone back and referred to these posts for gift-giving throughout the year. Bonus: One of my favorite parts of the guide is the giveaway that goes with it; leave a comment on this post for a chance to win the item of your choice from the gift guide! That’s pretty freakin’ awesome. (There’s one for Food Lush too.)
- I finished up a long series with CafeMom last week and I think there’s some good info there about dealing with/entertaining/teaching kids Wombat’s age. The categories are Preparing for Preschool, Getting More Out of Playtime, and Encouraging Creativity. I wrote from the boy-mom perspective, and my counterpart wrote about parenting two daughters, but all the posts are pretty gender neutral.
- You have two more days to enter to win $50 here and about another week to win $100 here. Let me give you money!
That’s all for now. There’s a pile of laundry with Fox’s name on it, but guess who’s going to end up doing it for him again? BABIES, MAN.